This presentation covers The Romantic Period of English Literature (1798-1832). The material corresponds to Glencoe's British Literature textbook (the green book), but the presentation can be used with any textbook or other ancillary materials. This presentation is meant for educational / classroom use only; no copyright infringement is intended.
- Historical / Background Information
- Connections to Art
- Vocabulary & Literary Devices
- Connections to Language / Linguistics
- Robert Burns
- William Wordsworth
- William Blake
- Gothic Literature (Focus Area)
- Thomas Gray
- Ann Radcliffe
- Matthew Gregory Lewis
- Mary Shelley
- George Gordon, Lord Byron
- Percy Bysshe Shelley
- John Keats
- Brief Introduction to "Pride and Prejudice"
Seven audio files and one (1) video file are included. These files will need to be attached to the appropriate slide; please see the "Notes" section of each slide for more information.
I used this presentation with my AP English Literature classes, but the material can be used in any course.