This is a project that I have used for the past couple of years with my Advanced Placement French IV students. During the course of the year, they become experts on a francophone country or region (i.e. Quebec or Louisiana), and they present information to their classmates weekly. The objectives are 1) to practice speaking French, 2) to grow vocabulary, 3) to enlarge the student’s knowledge base about a francophone region besides France, which they can (hopefully) use on the AP French language and culture exam, specifically the cultural comparison section, and 4) to practice listening skills and to learn more about other francophone countries/regions by listening to others’ presentations.
Students start by choosing a francophone country/region, do an initial presentation with visual for the class in the target language, and then a mini presentation weekly without visual.
All documents in this pack are in Word format, so that you can customize as needed. While everything is written for French, it could be adapted to other languages (this would take some time, as the initial presentation handout is predominantly in French, and the sign-up sheet is for francophone countries).
This pack includes the following:
- overview for teacher (initial presentation and ongoing weekly presentations)
- initial presentation handout for students.
- rubric (checklist) for grading the initial presentation
- rubric for weekly mini presentations (I have used this one in the past, but will be using the AP cultural comparison rubric this year).
- sign-up sheet for regions/countries
Please purchase multiple licenses if you plan to use this product throughout your department, level, district, or other group. Thank you!