These high school (AP or general) environmental science crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for students. This pack consists of five ecology crossword puzzles, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Evolution (species, speciation, endemic, biodiversity, Darwin, evolution, extinction, billion, phylogenetic tree, adaptation, population, fossil, artificial selection, natural selection, divergent evolution, convergent evolution, mutation)
2) Population Ecology (developed country, density-dependent factor, births, area, hunger-gatherer, clumped distribution, emigration, inbreeding, territory, exponential, industrial revolution, immigration, logistic growth, demographic transition, dispersion, survivorship curves)
3) Community Ecology (disturbances, commensalism, predator, primary succession, phytoplankton, decomposer, parasitism, realized niche, zooplankton, secondary consumer, trophic levels, resource partitioning, consumers, food web, pioneer species, mutualism, producers, omnivores, character displacement, interspecific competition, intraspecific competition, fundamental niche)
4) Biomes (tundra, chaparral, rainshadow effect, biome, boreal forest, desert, temperature, ultraviolet light, tropical rainforest, savanna, grasslands, deciduous forest, temperate, dry, lithosols, permafrost, climatographs)
5) Ecosystem Ecology & Nutrient Cycles (nitrification, positive feedback, negative feedback, atmosphere, homeostasis, lithosphere, hydrosphere, GIS, ecosystem, denitrifying bacteria, gross primary productivity, aquifers, macronutrients, precipitation, biogeochemical, eutrophication, transpiration, ecosystem services, nitrogen fixation, phosphorus, runoff, hydrologic)
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Check out this bundle containing a full year of environmental science crossword puzzles!
An Entire Year of Environmental Science Crossword Puzzles
The bundle mentioned above contains these smaller volumes:
Volume One- Environmental Science Basics (5 puzzles)Volume Two-Evolution and Ecology (5 puzzles)Volume Three-Human Impact (6 Puzzles)Volume Four-Natural Resources (5 puzzles)Volume Five-Atmospheric Science and Climate Change (5 Puzzles)
You may also be interested in The Ultimate AP Environmental Science Review Bundle
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!