This bundle includes everything one would need to effectively teach Political Geography based on the AP curriculum.
This bundle includes 10 PowerPoints on key topics for AP Human Geography Political Geography. It also includes the guided, class notes (perfect for IEP adaptations) that follow along with the PowerPoints. This unit covers all the main ideas found in the Political Standard for AP Human Geography.
2. Introduction to Israel-Palestine Conflict
3. Shape of State
4. Types of Government
5. Subnational Organization of US
6. Colonization and Imperialism
7. Basics of Cold War
8. Conflict During the Cold War
9. Increased Connections and Cooperation
10. Centrifugal and Centripetal Forces
Below are 15 activities I created to align with these topics. There are readings, worksheets, source analysis, research projects, graphic organizers, and video guides. Included in the file is a short background for each assignment and how it has been applied in my own classroom.
1. Country Investigation Worksheet (Connected with Political Geography Concepts)
2. Development of "State" Concept Reading with Guided Questions
3. "Promises" (Documentary on Israeli/Palestinian Conflict) Video Guide
4. Shape of State Graphic Organizer
5. Investigation of Political Party Readings
6. Political Party Spatial Distribution Analysis
7. Electoral College Analysis
8. "Guns, Germs, and Steel - Episode #3" Video Guide
9. Berlin Conference Investigation
10. Simulation: Building Houses under Communist and Capitalism Rules
11. Change in Warfare with Nuclear Technology Analysis
12. Europe Map During and After Cold War
13. European Union Reading and Graphic Organizer
14. Genocide - Case Study Rwanda Reading
15. Terrorism Reading and "West Wing "Isaac and Ishmael" Video Guide"