This resource contains activities and resources for the AP Language and Composition classroom. This is a reduced price bundle of the Embedding Quotes for AP Lang, A Portrait of a Speaker, and the Rhetorical Analysis Workshop resources in my store. Inside, you'll find . . .
- Embedding Quotes PowerPoint, Guided Notes, and Activity
- Thesis and Assertion Stems
- Resource page for embedding quotes for rhetorical analysis
- 3 practice prompts for rhetorical analysis
- Activities for writing body paragraphs, introductions, and descriptions of strategies
- Peer editing any rhetorical analysis essay
- Sentence stems for writing commentary and annotations
- Style activities for active voice, action and "doing verbs"
- A list of "doing" verbs
- A rhetorical analysis "toolkit" with terms, definitions, and samples
- 3 activities for revising vague/dead phrases and sentences such as "to paint a picture in the reader's mind," "to get the audience's attention" -- ah!
- A prosecution/defense of a character speech activity where students apply strategies they have analyzed
- A double-entry journal assignment for The Crucible that lends itself well to analysis of the play through a rhetorical analysis lens
- Portrait of a Speaker project - creative rhetorical analysis
I have compiled these activities and resources based on their success within my AP Lang classroom. I hope you and your students find them helpful, too!