"Because it is my name!"
Have students analyze Arthur Miller's The Crucible for how characters manipulate language for their purposes! In this unit, I have compiled was has worked well for me and my students in the AP Lang classroom. Included are the following:
1) Pre-reading activities on Puritan writings, a speech by Joseph McCarthy, and discussion activities for Margaret Atwood's "Half-Hanged Mary"
2) Resources for analyzing a text for rhetoric, motifs, and character.
3) Close reading questions that can be used in a variety of ways.
4) Motif, word, and character analysis activities.
5) An essay with brainstorming activities and guides for writing introductions, thesis statements, and body paragraphs
6) A fun defense or prosecution of a character speech assignment
Please feel free to preview this growing resource. If you have any questions, feel free to use the Q and A function. I'm happy to answer any questions!
Mike (Lit Monster)
More AP Language and Composition Resources:
AP Lang Essays Discounted Bundle
Rhetorical Analysis Workshop
Embedding, Assertions, and Thesis Stems for AP Lang
A Portrait of a Speaker: Creative Rhetorical Analysis
The Things They Carried for AP Lang
Huck Finn for AP Lang
The Crucible, The Things They Carried, and Huck Finn for AP Lang – Discounted Bundle!
The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass for AP Lang