The Argumentative Essay can be especially daunting for AP Language students because the entire essay comes from within. Often times, they produce vague, general arguments that lack any substantial evidence or logical soundness. This activity set is a comprehensive tool that will guide students through the argument essay and teach them how to create meaningful and powerful arguments WITH much needed evidence and context!
- A 14 Slide PPT Presentation that takes students through the entire argumentative essay writing process
- Detailed Examples throughout the PPT from the 2016 prompt featuring Oscar Wilde’s claims regarding disobedience.
- An Original “9” Essay for the 2016 Wilde Prompt
- An “Analyzing a “9” Workshop Activity” that allows students to thoroughly evaluate the “9” essay
- A Detailed Planning Guide that students should use for future Argumentative Essays
- A Detailed Answer Key for the workshop activity
Not only are these materials comprehensive, but they are all College Board Aligned, which means that they are specifically attached to a previous AP Language exam (2016). Good luck to you and your students on exam day!
Other Products You Might Like:
AP Language and Composition: Mastering the Rhetorical Device Essay Activity Set
Keywords: AP Language, AP Language and Composition, AP Lang, AP Comp, argument, argumentative essay, argument appeals, argumentative writing, AP sample essay, Pre AP English, Pre AP Language and Composition