Also included in
- This bundle provides first year and AP® Literature teachers looking for a refresher with materials for teaching AP® Lit for an entire year. Before purchasing, I highly recommend you download this pacing guide and full course overview, which explains the course design and use of each resource in this$360.00$545.50Save $185.50
- This resource was designed for new AP® Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP® Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP® Lit curriculum! To$225.00$304.50Save $79.50
- This bundle of six mini-lessons, designed to meet the criteria for AP® Lit Short Fiction III (Unit 7), guides students in understanding six major literary movements and studying excerpts from various short fiction from those movements. These movements include: RomanticismRealismThe Harlem Renaissanc$20.00$24.50Save $4.50
This lesson, designed for AP® Lit but also appropriate for duel enrollment or any college prep course, guides students on an exploration of short fiction from the literary movement of magical realism. The lesson is designed to take two 45 minute class periods or one block period.
This lesson includes:
- Introductory analysis practice on James Weldon Johnson's "The Autobiography of an Ex-Colored Man"
- Continued excerpt practice on poems, art, excerpts, and non-fiction of various Harlem Renaissance artists and authors.
- Deep and prolonged analysis of Zora Neale Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God with questions that run the range of Bloom's Taxonomy
- Written analysis assignment on "Their Eyes Were Watching God" with included rubric
- Access to interactive Google Slides for online learners and hybrid or virtual teaching
This resource was created to closer align to the AP® Lit Fall 2019 Course updates. It is available in a bundle with other literary movement short fiction, and together they meet the requirements of Short Fiction Unit III in the AP® Lit unit calendar. This lesson pairs well with my Literary One-Pager on the Harlem Renaissance.
This resource is included in my AP Lit Full Course bundle!
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.