Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- This bundle combines ALL of my poetry resources from my AP Lit full course, plus any additional poetry assessments and lessons that I add in the future. This resource contains: Intro to Poetry Full Unit - This bundle contains my two week poetry unit which introduces students to poetry analysis throu$99.00$145.25Save $46.25
- This resource was designed for new AP Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP Lit curriculum! This s$180.00$242.00Save $62.00
This short unit meets the required skills and activities as described in the new AP Lit CED for poetry unit II. Students can work individually or in groups to analyze four advanced poems, both in discussion and in writing. Each lesson comes with:
- a slideshow poem lesson
- a skill-based graphic organizer
- a line of reasoning graphic organizer for essay brainstorming
- ideas for expansion and assessments, if using separately or more time is needed
The unit culminates with a timed writing, for which I’ve given suggestions for scaffolding and differentiation. All slideshow lessons and graphic organizers are available as interactive Google Slides, to make virtual instruction a breeze!
AP Lit Essential Skills:
- STR 3.C – Explain the function of structure in a text.
- FIG 5.A – Distinguish between the literal and figurative meanings of words and phrases.
- FIG 5.B – Explain the function of specific words and phrases in a text.
- FIG 5.D – Identify and explain the function of an image or imagery.
- FIG 6.B - Identify and explain the function of a metaphor.
- FIG 6.C – Identify and explain the function of personification.
- FIG 6.D – Identify and explain the function of allusion.
- LAN 7.B – Develop a thesis statement that conveys a defensible claim about an interpretation of literature and that may establish a line of reasoning.
- LAN 7.C - Develop commentary that establishes and explains relationships among textual evidence, the line of reasoning, and the thesis.
- LAN 7.D - Select and use relevant and sufficient evidence to both develop and support a line of reasoning.
- LAN 7.E - Demonstrate control over the elements of composition to communicate clearly.
- “Out, Out–” by Robert Frost
- “The Colonel” by Carolyn Forché
- “Dover Beach” by Matthew Arnold
- “Ozymandias” by Percy Bysshe Shelley
This bundle includes a pacing guide for completing it in only 5 days!