Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
Also included in
- This bundle provides first year and AP® Literature teachers looking for a refresher with materials for teaching AP® Lit for an entire year. Before purchasing, I highly recommend you download this pacing guide and full course overview, which explains the course design and use of each resource in this$375.00$556.00Save $181.00
- This bundle has been overhauled to represent the 2019 changes to the AP English Literature course description and meets the AP® Lit Skills for Unit 2 (Poetry 1). This bundle includes all of the materials you would need to introduce poetry analysis to AP® Lit students or other advanced literature stu$37.00$56.50Save $19.50
- This bundle combines ALL of my poetry resources from my AP Lit full course, plus any additional poetry assessments and lessons that I add in the future. This resource contains: Intro to Poetry Full Unit - This bundle contains my two week poetry unit which introduces students to poetry analysis throu$100.00$151.25Save $51.25
- This resource was designed for new AP® Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP® Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP® Lit curriculum! To$225.00$304.50Save $79.50
In accordance with the new AP® Lit course description and standards, these 12 skill tests focus on individual analytical skills required for poetry appearing on the AP Lit exam. Each test focuses on a particular poem and poetic element and asks all of the corresponding questions included in the new CED in order to foster close reading and deep analytical skills. Detailed answer keys are provided to assist in analysis and teacher prep.
Please note, these questions do not model the AP® English Literature 5-option style multiple choice questions.
To assist teachers using distance and hybrid learning strategies, each test is available in a printable form as well as for use on Google Classroom. Open-ended questions are formatted as interactive Google Slides and multiple choice quizzes are Google forms.
The bundle includes:
- Allusion - "Caribe in Nueva York" by Nathalie Handal (FIG 6.D)
- Characterization - "Oxygen" by Mary Oliver (CHR 1.A)
- Contrasts - "mulberry fields" by Lucille Clifton (STR 3.D)
- Imagery - "Mid-Term Break" by Seamus Heaney (FIG 5.D)
- Literal and Figurative Words - "Traveling Through the Dark" by William E. Stafford (FIG 5.A)
- Metaphor - "Mother to Son" by Langston Hughes (FIG 6.B)
- Personification - "Mirror" by Sylvia Plath (FIG 6.C)
- Simile - "The Base Stealer" by Robert Francis (FIG 6.A)
- Structure - "Ballad of Birmingham" by Dudley Randall (STR 3.C)
- Symbol - "My Father and the Fig Tree" by Naomi Shihab Nye (FIG 5.C)
- Tone & Perspective - "A Story" by Li-Young Lee (NAR 4.C)
- Words and Their Functions - "True Love" by Robert Penn Warren (FIG 5.B)
These resources can be used in a multitude of ways, including:
- Exit slips
- Large or small group discussion questions
- Jigsaw discussion activity
- Test questions
AP® is a trademark registered by the College Board, which is not affiliated with, and does not endorse, this website.