Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- ***Many of the resources in this bundle are currently in the process of being converted to fillable Google resources. I will update their descriptions as they are adapted and will attempt to adapt as quickly as I am able. This bundle provides first year and AP Literature teachers looking for a refre$324.50$499.00Save $174.50
- This resource was designed for new AP Literature teachers in mind. It bundles my best-selling and best-reviewed resources that can be used in any AP Lit classroom. None of these resources require outside texts or reading assignments and they can be integrated along with any AP Lit curriculum! This s$180.00$242.00Save $62.00
This weeklong unit, which fulfills the skills listed in the CED for Short Fiction Unit II, guides students on a focused analysis of prose. Each lesson helps AP Lit and other advanced literature students understand how prose elements such as diction, syntax, point of view, tone, and other elements can shape a textual excerpt and drive the meaning of an entire novel or play. Each lesson is split into four separate activities:
- A warm-up textual excerpt and small group analysis focused on the selected literary element
- A PowerPoint lesson expanding on the focused literary element, providing examples from popular films or movies to help generate interest
- A whole group textual excerpt for students to annotate and discuss in small groups. Some discussion questions are included to generate discussion. Sample annotations and a teacher study guide is included to guide this discussion activity.
- A formative assessment in the form of a prose analysis from a released AP Lit exam. Students can annotate and brainstorm a response as homework, or write a full essay if you wish.
- All notes and assignments are available as print-and-go resources and digitally fr use through Google Classroom and other distance learning methods.
These lessons are connected into a full week unit with a completed timed writing acting as a summative assessment.