This resource provides a no-prep approach to preparing students for the AP Literature exam. This unit is designed for 10 days but can easily be altered for more or fewer days, based on teacher discretion. Using detailed slideshows, handouts, and suggested activities, the resource includes the following materials and activities:
- A pre-test acting as an entrance slip, testing students on their knowledge of the exam and asking them what they most need review with
- A slideshow explaining various multiple choice strategies
- A slideshow explaining how to annotate texts and general writing strategies
- A slideshow explaining approaches to the poetry question
- A handout with a majority of the "Twenty Best Poems"
- A BINGO activity for vocabulary review
- A printable list with all vocabulary words defined, for teacher use during the BINGO activity
- A slideshow explaining approaches to the prose question
- A slideshow with strategies for approaching the open question
- An "AP "Trending List"
" list of titles
- A slideshow discussing writer bias, plus common writing mistakes and how to avoid them
This resource also includes the PDFs of open-ended questions used on the AP Lit exam over the past 19 years, which are accessible on the CollegeBoard website. I've just compiled and labeled them for easy distribution, plus I've included sample essays from College Board that I have found best for modeling writing.
AP Lit teachers can keep this unit as-is with zero prep, or use it as a starting point to customize it for their own students' needs. I've included several other suggested links and resources for AP teachers preparing for the exam. Each of my created resources is available in both PDF and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Word) form, and customization is permitted.
I also suggest my On-Demand Writing Strategies
resource for preparing students for the AP Lit exam.
Thank you in advance for your feedback and support! Please check out my other AP products:
Frankenstein whole unit bundle
Things Fall Apart Unit Bundle
The Metamorphosis Unit
All the King's Men Unit Bundle
MLA In-text Citations Powerpoint
Poetry Epigraph Paper
Literary Vocabulary Semester Long Unit
Independent Novel Project
Frankenstein Test and Answer Key
Hamlet Soliloquy Study
All the King’s Men Test