AP Literature: Unit One: Short Fiction
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- NEW: A link to an editable template in Canva is provided FOR EACH PRODUCT, so you can personalize and adapt FOR your DISTANCE LEARNING NEEDS needs.You will need to create an account in Canva - basic account is free.Aligned to CEDUnit One: Short FictionUnit Two: PoetryUnit Three: Longer Fiction An InPrice $44.08Original Price $62.97Save $18.89
- NEW: A link to an editable template in Canva is provided FOR EACH PRODUCT, so you can personalize and adapt FOR your DISTANCE LEARNING NEEDS needs.You will need to create an account in Canva - basic account is free.Also - NEW: Common Place Journal This bundle includes the first four units of the NEWPrice $55.99Original Price $79.95Save $23.96
- NEW: A link to an editable template in Canva is provided FOR EACH PRODUCT, so you can personalize and adapt to your DISTANCE LEARNING NEEDS needs.You will need to create an account in Canva - basic account is free.Full Previews available for each individual unit. Unit OneThis short story unit is desPrice $34.99Original Price $44.97Save $9.98
- This bundle includes NINE comprehensive units aligned to the most current AP Literature CED/Course Framework. Whether you are new to AP Lit this year, looking for a refresher because it's been a while, or you are in need of new material, this bundle will meet all your needs. There are 3 short storyPrice $115.00Original Price $154.90Save $39.90
- For the first time, my AP Literature and AP Language Full Courses can be found in one inclusive bundle. Both courses are aligned to the current AP English frameworks and CEDs for both course. Each course contains ALL NINE UNITS plus extras. All units are fully comprehensive, vary in complexity, aPrice $189.99Original Price $275.84Save $85.85
*NEW: Summer Work Assignment and Letter to Students
** Distance Learning suggestions/options
*** AP Literature Annotation Guide
**** New updated EASEL activities.
This short story unit is designed for AP Literature
classes; however, since the skills and
enduring understandings embedded in
these activities are universal and foundational
high school English skills, with scaffolding, this unit
is appropriate for all grade levels, 9-12, especially honors
or advanced level courses. You will just need to access the new AP Literature
Course at a Glance to access the skill categories and specific skills.
These are the seven short stories referenced and used in this unit (link to digital copies is included; a copy of the short stories is also uploaded in EASEL) If needed, you can easily substitute any of the stories for one you may find more appropriate or relevant.
"A Rose for Emily”
“The Fall of the House of Usher”
"A Good Man is Hard to Find”
"The Story of an Hour”
"I Stand Here Ironing”
"Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been”
- Four - five Day in-class mini unit (can be extended or reduced)
- Reading Assignment Options
- Step-by-step guide
- One-Pager Assignment
- Graphic organizer
- Link to digital copies of seven short stories
- Alignment with new AP literature big ideas, enduring understandings, and course skills
- Writing Scoring Guides
If you like this product, check out the others in my store! Click the links below.
(the two items listed above) GREAT DEAL!
(the two above items plus a free download) GREAT DEAL!