Join thousands of teachers who have used this 8 page, easily-printable review guide to aid their prep and improve their students’ understanding of John Updike’s “A&P.”
This LitCharts review guide includes:
- Contextual info: author bio, historical background, related literary texts
- Analysis of characters, symbols, and themes
- Thematic analysis of important quotes
- Color-coded theme-tracking
- Unique side-by-side summary analysis that supports and models the close and active reading that is so central to modern ELA instruction and the Common Core.
Here’s what teachers are saying about our guides:
"This is an amazing resource and supplement to my students' reading. It has greatly increased their understanding of the literature. I wish it was available for our entire curriculum."
“I used them to create notes for my students. More teachers should know about LitCharts!”
“It is so incredible! I really enjoy the analysis of themes. So helpful in discussion with my classes.”