Need something to keep your Spanish students in the language over the summer AND prep them for the AP Spanish Language & Culture Class for the Fall?! Here's the perfect resource!
These 5 activities are meant to ready and introduce the student to the AP Exam Free Response Section format. Activities are aligned to prepare the student for the exam and the nature of the class--easy as that!
- Spoken Reaction & Comparison to a news broadcast;
- Listening to a Spanish Program & Responding;
- Letter Writing to a family member; and finally,
- Watching a Movie in Spanish!
- Grammar Review with a Healthy Competition!
Each assignment is geared to help them think, respond, react, and compare—all in the target language.
- Share: There is also a Debriefing Discussion Lesson with lots of real-talk and games when the summer is over!
- Rubrics: For Assessment purposes, there is generalized rubric, as well as a writing and speaking section rubric based upon the AP Language Exam rubrics—You can use all, some, or none! Activities and assignments are easily adapted to your classroom.
If you have any questions, just let me know!
I hope you can not only hold your students accountable for the hard work they’ve done in previous years, but I also hope it will encourage them to work outside their comfort zone, and be more confident in the target language!
If you would, please follow me
by clicking the green button at the top. New stuff added frequently!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
**If you need something for else with a little less work, try my Spanish 4 Summer Work Assignment
, which could be easily adapted to either your Level 3 or 4 Spanish Classes!