This is the actual course audit I submitted to College Board in 2013 in order to have my AP Studio Art:2D Design course designated as an AP. This course audit may serve as a starting point, but must be customized to reflect your own course/school before submitting to the College Board. I am uploading this file as a .doc instead of a PDF so that you can modify and customize the document.
Additionally, this Course Audit could be modified into more student friendly language to create your course syllabus for students!
This course audit includes:
- Course Description
- Student Sketchbook / Homework Expectations
- Statement of purpose for Critiques
- Description of Quarterly Formative Portfolio Review
- A detailed breakdown of the 2D Design Portfolio (Almost Verbatim from the College Board Documents about the Portfolio at the time)
- A summary of how Breadth Assignments will be introduced
A List of Potential 2D Design Focuses to use as Breadth Projects
- A summary of how Concentration Assignments will be introduced and developed
- A summary of how the Quality section will be assembled in the Spring
- Overview of Artist Statements & Reflective writing, including sample writing prompts.
- A Statement on Ethics, Artistic, Integrity and Plagiarism
- A Note on Assessment & Grading (Rubrics not included)
- Bibliography of books & articles