Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
32.9 MB | 130 pages
From 2016 Clay County Teacher of the Year, David W. Fields...
This is a resource bundle for a two-week Advanced Placement unit on The American Revolution from 1763-1783.
The bundle contains:
1) Customizable student handouts with a nightly reading schedule, a list of standards covered in the unit, a comprehensive list of AP vocabulary words from the unit, as well as QR codes linking to free online review flashcards
2) Engaging PowerPoint presentations that are culturally relevant and grabs each student's attention.
Each PowerPoint also contains several set pieces to ensure that the lesson continues moving and keeps the students engaged. Askin' All Them Questions is my periodic review. Pop Culture Moments ties in a clip from a TV show/movie/song that pertains to this unit. Making Statements is for the students to decipher and/or create historical Twitter accounts. Assuming is where the students use higher order thinking skills to discuss possible causes and effects of certain historical events.
The PowerPoints also contain YouTube links to John Green's successful Crash Course US History videos as well as higher order questions for the students to respond to while watching.
3) The Resource Pack also contains guided notes to the teacher PowerPoint slides so that the students can follow the lessons on their own without having to dictate everything that is on the screen.
4) The Resource Pack contains a "Revolutionary League" Draft worksheet activity where students pick either Patriot or Loyalist and draft members to their team based on primary sources.
5) There are also links to historical articles that students can read in class or for extra credit
**I have also used and modified these PowerPoints for American History Honors and Standard with great success (96% pass rate on state of Florida US History End of Course Exam).**