Visually-Stunning 601 slide PowerPoint with Rock-Solid United States History!
I teach AP United States History but my PowerPoints are used by all the U.S. History teachers in my school. It’s perfect for whatever level you teach.
The PowerPoint includes class notes, high resolution photographs, political cartoons, artwork and maps, dozens of primary source excerpts, and questions for classroom discussion.
I. Manifest Destiny and Its Legacy
• Manifest Destiny
• The Mexican-American War
II. The South and the Slavery Controversy
• “King Cotton” and Antebellum Southern Society
• The Abolitionist Movement
• The South’s Defense of Slavery
III. Renewing the Sectional Struggle: A Prelude to Disunion and War
• The Compromise of 1850
• The Kansas-Nebraska Act
• The Dred Scott Case
• The Election of 1860 and Birth of the Republican Party
• The South Secedes
IV. The Civil War (1861-1865)
• The War Begins
• Comparing North and South
• Lincoln’s War Powers
• The Economic Impact of War
• Major Battles
• The Emancipation Proclamation
• The War Ends
V. Reconstruction (1865-1877)
• Reconstruction: the Major Issues
• African Americans, Women and Reconstruction
• The Impeachment of Johnson
• The Legacy of Reconstruction
Too many PowerPoints offer one-dimensional, teacher-centric presentations that are more technologically inclined than blackboards and chalk but basically do the same thing. My PowerPoints are designed to add a three-dimensional quality to teaching history. In addition to the class notes, I include the images, primary and secondary sources, charts and graphs, and other material that you would want to use in your lesson. What this PowerPoint does is bring them all together in one coherent presentation. These presentations have taken years to refine but 17 years into my teaching career, it is these PowerPoints that keep me enthusiastically greeting every class I teach.