This is a 26-slide power point presentation that is designed to be used as an overview of the Empires of Persia during the period of 600BCE - 600CE. The notes are designed to align with the AP World History curriculum framework and cover many of the main ideas and illustrative examples of that curriculum. While the power point was designed to be used in a AP World History course, the content could easily be adapted or used as is in any World History survey course.
Specific topics covered in the power point include the following:
- An overview of Period Two of the AP World History curriculum
- The Achaemenid, Seleucid, Parthian, and Sassanid Empires
- Cyrus and Darius the Great
- The division of the satrapies
- Persian Royal Road
- Qanat System
- Persian bezant coin system
- Plus much more!