Welcome to my Advanced Placement World History Resources!
NOTE: The lesson plans and resources included here are aligned with the revised A.P. World History Curriculum for the 2017 Examination.
Whether you’ve purchased these resources as a teacher new to the course or as an experienced instructor seeking new ideas for your instructional practice, there is something here for you. In fact, this package includes everything you need to teach the A.P. World History course, and all lesson plans for Period Four, Global Interactions (1450 C.E. - 1750 C.E.) Included in this package is a complete set of lesson plans, a set of instructor notes, complete slideshows for teacher presentation, major student assignments for the unit, a course syllabus for your modification and personal use, sample multiple choice questions for the unit, sample LEQ assessments for the unit, and several student samples of notes and other assignments for your reference and comparison.
- Customizable Course Syllabus
- Lesson Plans
- Teacher/Instructor Personal Notes for substantive content
- Slideshows on topics in Islam, Christendom, East Asia, Japanese Feudalism, Mongol Expansion, Medieval Subsaharan Africa, the Renaissance, Aztec and Inca Civilization, the Crusades, and Byzantium.
- Document Analysis Lesson Activities (Protestant Reformation, Scientific Revolution, the Enlightenment, Smith and Capitalism, Spanish Conquests, Slave Trade, Peter the Great, Emperor Qianlong, and more)
- Book Review Project: King Leopold's Ghost
- Research Paper Major Assignment with Historical Thinking Skills
- Historical Themes Poster
- Historical Periods Poster (Aligned with Bentley Traditions Textbook)
- Lessons aligned with Bentley and Strayer
- 10 NEW Sample MCQs
- 4 Sample LEQ Prompts (aligned with new rubrics)
- 1 DBQ Essay (aligned with new rubrics)
- Student Notes Samples
- Student Project Samples
- Formatting Cheat Sheets
- Lesson Activity (Carousel) comparing Constitutional and Absolute Monarchies
- Lesson Activity (Causation) on the Little Ice Age
- Lesson Activity (Comparison) on Geo vs Heliocentric Models of the Solar System
- Lesson Activity (Document Analysis) on the Protestant Reformation