Welcome to my Advanced Placement World History Resources!
NOTE: The lesson plans and resources included here are aligned with the revised A.P. World History Curriculum for the 2017 Examination.
Whether you’ve purchased these resources as a teacher new to the course or as an experienced instructor seeking new ideas for your instructional practice, there is something here for you. In fact, this package includes everything you need to teach the A.P. World History course, and all lesson plans for Period Three (600 C.E. - 1450 C.E.) Included in this package is a complete set of lesson plans, a set of instructor notes, complete slideshows for teacher presentation, major student assignments for the unit, a course syllabus for your modification and personal use, sample multiple choice questions for the unit, sample LEQ assessments for the unit, and several student samples of notes and other assignments for your reference and comparison.
- Customizable Course Syllabus
- Lesson Plans
- Teacher/Instructor Personal Notes for substantive content
- Slideshows on topics in Islam, Christendom, East Asia, Japanese Feudalism, Mongol Expansion, Medieval Subsaharan Africa, the Renaissance, Aztec and Inca Civilization, the Crusades, and Byzantium.
- Document Analysis Lesson Activities (Renaissance Art, the Spread of Islam, Byzantine Art, the Spread of Buddhism, Ibn Battuta's Rihla, Pope Urban, Thomas Aquinas, and more!)
- Course Themes Lesson Activities
- Book Review Project: Becoming Charlemagne
- Research Paper Major Assignment with Historical Thinking Skills
- Socratic Seminar Lesson on Becoming Charlemagne
- Historical Themes Poster
- Historical Periods Poster (Aligned with Bentley Traditions Textbook)
- Lessons aligned with Bentley and Strayer
- 9 Sample MCQs
- 1 Sample LEQ Prompt (aligned with new rubrics)
- 2 ALL NEW DBQ Essays (aligned with new rubrics)
- Student Notes Samples
- Student Project Samples
- Formatting Cheat Sheets