If you are teaching world history and want to address how change occurs over time, this lesson will help you guide your students to that understanding!
This project on the theme of trade was created for my AP World History classes.
The students complete 5 tasks to research different trade routes and organizations over time to compile their information to produce a change-over-time essay using the AP Central essay rubric.
Students are required to gather information, interview or make contacts with world trade organizations, and investigate the impacts of trade routes throughout history.
Routes covered include the common ones (Silk Road, Appian Way, Columbian/Triangular) but also more remote routes not always covered in the standard text. All internet links are provided for student research.
Need additional resources for your Exploration Unit? Take a look at these:
• Columbian Exchange Trade Route Activity
• Age of Exploration Complete 15 Day Unit for World History or Euro
• Age of Exploration Document Based Question Activity DBQ FRQ Lesson
• Age of Exploration Illustrated Timeline Review Activity
• Age of Exploration Introduction Notes w/Sunken Ship Activity & Pair & Share
• Explorers Internet Reliability Research Activity
• Walking Tour of the Age of Exploration World to Visit Europe Asia Africa America
• World History Ethnocentrism Age of Exploration Journal Assignment