- This escape room bundle includes TWENTY-TWO different grammar escape rooms for secondary students and is great for test prep, review, interactive games, and practicing grammar skills. The games include both Google-led and teacher-led (with no technology required) facilitation. A link to an instructi$65.00$99.50Save $34.50
- This APA bundle contains everything you need to guide your students through learning about APA format, in-text citations and reference list entries. The flip book, digital reference list and escape room contain APA 7th and 6th edition versions.The task cards contain APA 6th edition versions and are$12.00$17.00Save $5.00
Use this escape room to review both the 7th and 6th editions of APA style in-text citations and Reference List entries with these 20 APA task cards that ask students to find errors in entries and citations, determine information given by a citation, and correctly order Reference List entries. Correct answer numeric codes give students letters toward the secret phrase, which they'll unscramble to win the game!
This product IS included in my escape room bundle:
Your download includes versions of both APA 6 and APA 7 for the following items:
* 8 in-text citation task cards
* 12 Works Cited entry task cards
* one practice task card to model for students how to fill in answer code
* teacher & student instructions for Google and non-Google facilitation
* answer key for codes and secret phrases if teacher-led
* teacher tips page and link to instruction video
* four different Google forms with four different secret phrases
* a page of suggestions on how to facilitate the escape room should students not complete the activity in one class period
⚠️ PLEASE NOTE: While a page number is not required for paraphrased in-text citations in APA, it is encouraged, so this escape room uses a page number for both direct quotes and paraphrases.
In the Google-led facilitation (a quicker version), students input answers into a Google Form and are automatically told if their code is correct for each card and awarded a letter toward the secret phrase. There are four different Google forms that receive the same numeric codes but four different “secret phrases.”
In teacher-led facilitation (a lengthier version), teachers will check answers for students and award letters toward the secret phrase.
Students will review proper formatting, direct quotes vs. paraphrases, necessary elements for Reference List entries and more.
This product works best if used as a review after students are familiar with rules or as you introduce rules to give students immediate practice. Facilitation of the game (from me giving instructions to the first group solving the secret phrase) takes anywhere from 45-60 minutes.
Want to create a customized escape room bundle?
Looking for other other escape room products?