These high school (AP or general) environmental science crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for students. This pack consists of five introductory crossword puzzles, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Introduction to Environmental Science (correlation, independent variable, dependent variable, hypothesis, industrial revolution, agricultural revolution, paradigm shift, interdisciplinary, ecological footprint, data, natural resources, renewable, nonrenewable, peer review, environmentalism, ecological services, experiment, theory, control group, environment)
2) Environmental Chemistry (electrons, uranium, protons, neutrons, atom, ionic bond, covalent bond, molecules, compounds, potential energy, kinetic energy, first and second laws of thermodynamics, acidic, basic, chemistry, autotrophs, heterotrophs, carbohydrate, isotope, matter, plastic, proteins, chemosynthesis)
3) Geology (landslide, mantle, core, lithosphere, transform fault, divergent fault, convergent fault, earthquake, mineral, rock, plate tectonics, continental collision, sedimentary, metamorphic, igneous, volcano, lava, asthenosphere, subduction, tsunami, geology)
4) Environmental Ethics & Economics (ecocentrism, Cassandras, triple bottom line, goods, services, biocentrism, John Muir, subsistence, nonmarket value, ecolabeling, relativists, discounting, neoclassical, external costs, Aldo Leopald, utilitarian, Cornucopians, intrinsic value, anthropocentrism, subsidies)
5) Environmental Policy (policy, lobbying, free riders, impact survey, green taxes, legislation, CERCLA, Endangered Species Act, vested interest, nongovernmental organizations, NAFTA, Toxic Substances Control Act, Soil and Water Conservation Act, trade, Tragedy of the Commons, executive order, Environmental Protection Agency)
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Check out this bundle containing a full year of environmental science crossword puzzles!
An Entire Year of Environmental Science Crossword Puzzles
The bundle mentioned above contains these smaller volumes:
Volume One- Environmental Science Basics (5 puzzles)Volume Two-Evolution and Ecology (5 puzzles)Volume Three-Human Impact (6 Puzzles)Volume Four-Natural Resources (5 puzzles)Volume Five-Atmospheric Science and Climate Change (5 Puzzles)
You may also be interested in The Ultimate AP Environmental Science Review Bundle
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!