These high school (AP or general) environmental science crosswords make wonderful vocabulary reviews for students. This pack consists of five crossword puzzles highlighting atmospheric science, climate change, and energy sources, plus an answer key.
The crossword puzzles are:
1) Atmospheric Science & Air Pollution (atmospheric pressure, tornadoes, primary pollutants, Hadley cells, Montreal Protocol, hurricanes, acid deposition, scrubbers, inversion, sulfur dioxide, humidity, troposphere, photochemical smog, nitrogen oxides, stratosphere, CFCs, front, weather, climate)
2) Climate Change (greenhouse gases, proxy indicators, fee-and-dividend, carbon sequestration, carbon footprint, aerosols, carbon neutrality, mitigation, Kyoto Protocol, carbon offsets, carbon capture, climate, geoengineering, Milankovitch, adaptations, paleoclimate, cap-and-trade)
3) Fossil Fuels (hydraulic fracturing, return on investment, greenhouse gases, petroleum, eminent domain, refining, efficient, bitumen, fossil fuels, carbon sequestration, coal, anaerobic, methane hydrate, recoverable reserves, acid drainage, electricity, energy conservation)
4) Conventional Energy Alternatives (biomass, reactors, nuclear energy, nuclear fusion, nuclear fission, Pennsylvania, ethanol, carbon storage, meltdown, tsunami, Japan, hydropower, biodiesel, uranium, cellulosic ethanol, Ukraine)
5) Renewable Energy (tidal energy, not-in-my-backyard, active solar collection, hydrogen fuel cells, electrolysis, photovoltaic cells, wind farm, thermal energy, passive solar energy collection, fee-and-tariff, net metering, enhanced geothermal systems, renewable, turbines, carbon neutral, geothermal)
WANT MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK? Check out this bundle containing a full year of environmental science crossword puzzles!
An Entire Year of Environmental Science Crossword Puzzles
The bundle mentioned above contains these smaller volumes:
Volume One- Environmental Science Basics (5 puzzles)Volume Two-Evolution and Ecology (5 puzzles)Volume Three-Human Impact (6 Puzzles)Volume Four-Natural Resources (5 puzzles)Volume Five-Atmospheric Science and Climate Change (5 Puzzles)
You may also be interested in The Ultimate AP Environmental Science Review Bundle
Follow me on Pinterest for fun science freebies and ideas! The Biophile's Classroom
I put a great deal of effort and pride into each of my products. Follow my store for product updates and freebies, and feel free to write a review of this product!