Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The following lesson APUSH lesson was built for the new redesign curriculum to cover several elements of Period 7's (Concept 7.1) Progressive Era objectives regarding federal and economic reforms of the progressive era under the presidencies of Roosevelt, Taft, and Wilson. This lesson embeds a number of opportunities for APUSH comparison/synthesis analysis skills connecting the Progressive Era to the Populist Party of the 1890s and to opposition by modern conservatives.
The following lesson contains the following:
1. Engaging PowerPoint Lesson with built in activities -21 Slides (See Preview)
-Warm-up activity using 1912 election and 15 second podcast clip analysis
-Election of 1912
-Progressive Presidents Slides - Teddy Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and Woodrow Wilson focusing on overall Progressive legacy, legislation, views toward business/trusts, view towards conservation vs. preservation, etc.
2. Graphic Organizer (BOTH Word and shareable Google Doc) - used to complete with PowerPoint Lesson and clips
3. Triple Comparison Venn Diagram comparing and contrasting Progressive Presidents (makes for a good group activity and formative assessment)
4. Embedded Links to video clips on Progressive presidential policies
5. Woodrow Wilson NPR Podcast Analysis Questions - Both Word and Google Doc Versions - 15 minute assignment that covers essential APUSH topics of liberal vs. conservative legacy, New Freedom economic reforms, divisions on racial equality within the Progressive Movement (all emphasized points by APUSH Redesign concept 7.1)
*NO PREP REQUIRED!