Several activities on poet Pablo Neruda with web links and answers provided.
1. Video/listening: short biography of Neruda with questions for students to answer (YouTube link provided)
2. Poem with cloze activity (students given hints as to how to complete the poem)
3. Sonnet with comprehension questions on tone, theme, grammar, etc.
4. Listening activity: fill in fragment of poem (YouTube link provided)
5. Poetry café: students are directed to a website to choose a poem to read aloud to the class and discuss why they chose it.
I use this packet with my AP Spanish Language and Culture class, asking extension questions about tone, to whom the poem is directed, metaphors, etc.