AREA / PERIMETER FARM and ZOO FUN PROJECTS
I created these quick projects for my students to practice finding area and perimeter in a hands - on, fun way.
We also used the graph paper to practice coloring and DECOMPOSING rectangles to find AREA.
28 TASK CARDS
9 WORKSHEETS to practice finding area and perimeter
32 farm animal cut outs
23 Zoo animal cut outs
3 different size grids
labels: Area and Perimeter
labels: Area ( if you don't want to work on perimeter)
LOTS of worksheets for pasting the cut outs
Directions and example are included.
In a nut shell:
1. The students choose 2,3,4, 5 ... animals
2. They decide the size and shape of the enclosure ( area ) that they will be creating for every animal. Three different grids to choose from provided.
3. They color the enclosures.
4. They paste the animals on the enclosures that they created.
5. The find the area and the perimeter of every enclosure.
6. They paste the label " Area__ Perimeter ____ " under each enclosure ( optional ).
BIGGER PROJECT (FARM or ZOO AREA / PERIMETER)
The students use the cut outs provided and the grid paper to create a FARM or a ZOO.
1) Graph paper ( 3 sizes included )
2) Animal cut outs
4) Construction Paper ( letter size or legal size )
It looks great! We already did it!
Hope your students have fun with these!