Student of ALL ages love to draw and color… especially in Math Class!
Math Mugshots are a GREAT way to review math concepts while providing some “color” to math class. You can use this activity to review for a test, as a homework assignment, as extra credit, or as an assessment.
Mathematical Concepts in THIS activity:
• Find the area of a rectangle given the length and width.
• Find the missing length or width of a rectangle given the area and one dimension. • Find the area of a composite figure.
• Find the area of the shaded region.
• Solve multi-step word problems involving area, multiplication, and division.
How to use this activity:
1. Hand out student worksheets and instruct students to solve each of the problems.
2. When all of the problems are solved, hand out answer sheets. Tell the
students to find and highlight their answers on this sheet. This will
help them to check their work and make corrections, if necessary.
3. Hand out copies of the blank “WANTED” poster. Each correct answer
corresponds to specific feature of the Mugshot. Students will LOVE
drawing and coloring their suspects!
4. Hint: It looks GREAT if the kids outline their pictures with a black Sharpie!
Common Core Standards:
Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
Apply the area and perimeter formulas for rectangles in real world and mathematical problems.
Click Here to Visit My Store!
Click the links below for more "mugshots" and other products your students will enjoy!
Integers and Order of Operations Mugshot!
Linear Equations and Slope-Intercept Form Mugshot!
Solving Multi-Step Equations Mugshot
Scatterplots, Functions, and Slope Mugshot
Polynomials and Factoring Mugshot
7th Grade Common Core Review Mugshot
Scientific Notation Scavenger Hunt/Task Cards