This resource contains everything you need to get going with Argumentative Writing in your classroom.
This Resource Includes:
1. Scaffolded Notes -
• Vocabulary Overview
• Decider Debate Images
• Arguments and Reasons
• Basic Argumentative Format
• Sample and Template
• Word-Bank: Adjectives, Adverbs, Connectives, Verbs
2. Real Life Application and Career Options of Argumentation
3. Teaching and Learning Activities/Strategies -
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Argumentative Essay: Definition, Format & Examples
- Lesson Starter – Decider Debate Images
- Success Criteria
- Lesson Development - Pair-Share, Mini-Plenary
- Individual Task - Differentiation - 5 Tasks
4. Assessment Criteria
- Rubrics - Argumentation
- Plenary - Persuasion Map
- Skills - Social and Cognitive
5. Home Learning - Online Exercises
• Revisit conventions of argumentative writing.
• Organise arguments logically.
• Convey information and express opinions effectively.
• Collate an argumentative paragraph using language and tone appropriate to the audience.
1. Write arguments to support claims with clear reasons and relevant evidence.
2. Introduce claim(s), acknowledge and distinguish the claim(s) from alternate or opposing claims, and organize the reasons and evidence logically.
3. Support claim(s) with logical reasoning and relevant evidence, using accurate, credible sources and demonstrating an understanding of the topic or text.
Teachers can use this to enhance the argumentative and writing skills of the learners, especially the technique needed to present refuting and supporting reasons in writing.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Early Finishers
✿ Sub Tubs
✿ ESL Stations/Centres
✿ Holiday Work
✿ Small Group Collaborations
✿ End of Unit Quick Assessments
This is what teachers say about these resources:
✎ DIALOGUE WRITING:
This was easy to use. It helped by students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
✎ CAPITALIZATION RULES:
The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing." – Mary Z.
✎ ACTIVE VERBS:
This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
✎ FICTIONAL STORY WRITING:
A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
✎ NOUN PHRASES:
This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
✎ PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING:
Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
✎ PREPOSITIONS-10 RULES:
The handouts are perfect for students to use as a reference while writing. – Mary Z.
Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
✎ COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES:
These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
✎ PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS:
I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to compliment the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
✎ SUJECT-VERB AGREEMENT:
I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
✎ SEVEN AGES OF MAN:
This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER
. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here:
o TPT Store - JOHN DSOUZA
o Pinterest - JOHN DSOUZA
o Facebook - TOMORROW’S CLASSROOM TODAY
o Instagram - JOHN421969
o Twitter - JOHN421969