Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
20.52 MB | 25 slides and 1 guided notes handout pages
This download includes both the 25-slide PowerPoint AND the follow-along graphic organizer (in PDF and MS WORD format).
This activity can be used as an introductory lesson, a central lesson, or a review lesson on the art movement. Many slides are designed to help students understand the history behind the movement. For example, the slides include:
* flowcharts showing how art movements cause later art movements
* timelines showing other art movements in historical context
* "three truths and a lie" mini-quiz about the movement
* definitions, characteristics, and key figures of the movement
* "Overview" with text and background on the movement
* "artist spotlight" focusing on one artist from the movement
* Instructions for students to select an additional painting/artist from the movement to research further
Students use the graphic organizer (included) to follow along. Enjoy!