ARTIC Pop! Early Targets! Speech Therapy Activity
Color and Black & White!
Your students will love making play dough balloons and popping them while practicing target sounds!
• Initial/Medial/Final: p,b, m, n, t, d, k, g, f
• Initial: w, y, h
• Initial sblends: sp, st, sm, sn, sk, sl
• Blank Mats (to use with any speech/language target)
Print the pages you need and laminate! You could also place them in page protectors to save time.
→ Color version suggested use: Roll play dough into little balls to start off the activity (I usually have this prepped but students also like to do this). Have the student say each target word and place a ball on top of each balloon. After they have filled up all of the balloons, they will “pop” the balloons by squishing the play dough and practice the words again (therapist will determine the number of trials for each word).
→ Black & White version suggested use: Students will use bingo dotters, crayons, or markers to color in each balloon as they practice the target words. These are great for homework pages!
• Use bingo chips to cover up the balloons after you practice the target words.
• Use dry erase markers to color the balloons after your practice them.
• Use small toys to place on the balloons after you practice the target words.
Don't forget to check out ARTIC SWAT! EWWW flies have landed all over the food! Squish them with play dough or swat them with fly swatters while your practice articulation!
I also have ARTIC WEBS available! Catch flies and help Mr. Spider gobble them up!