This resource contains everything you need to get going with a lesson on article writing in your classroom.
• Introduce the format of article writing.
• Help to organize information in a sequential order.
• How to write an article on a given topic.
This resource includes:
1. A Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Newspaper Article Format
3. Tips to Write an Article
4. Sample Newspaper Article
5. Article Prompts
6. Assessment Rubrics
7. Structure of a Feature Article
8. Feature Article Template
9. Features of an Article
Teachers can use this resource to help students to write an article with following characteristics:
1. The article has a headline and a lead sentence that capture the reader's attention and accurately describe the content.
2. The details in the article are clear and supportive of the topic.