Great readers DO ask great questions - but it takes practice! This comprehensive activity pack includes everything you need to help your students practice their questioning techniques! This powerpoint can easily be stretched over a week-long mini-unit on asking questions.
Included in the kit:
- powerpoint slideshow teaching the how's and why's of questioning skills
- predictable format to build success in all learners
- teaching slides explain concepts then "you try it" pages allow for practice
- "thin" and "thick" questions defined
- before-during-after questions defined
- using text to build our "thick" questions
- using evidence and inferring skills to derive answers to our questions
- the 5 W's questioning technique
- student practice pages to reinforce content taught
- 5 W's bookmarks (3 to a page)
- 3 questioning mind maps
- reproducible "thick" question-starter flashcards
- "Hot Potato Questioning Game"
*As always, I offer that if you need a file tweaked for your classroom use, I'll be happy to do so at no extra cost to you!
Check out my new blog on how the human brain learns best: http://brainyteach.blogspot.com/
Follow me on twitter and I'll keep you updated on my latest creations! :) @Mrs_Fun_1
tags- readers workshop, questioning techniques, questions, the 5 W's, daily 5, asking questions game, literacy