Sprouting New Beginnings specialized in creating ASL resources for the hearing classroom.
This is a collection of Interactive ASL Sight Word books that include Family, Friends, & Feelings to enhance activities to extend young readers. As in all of our sight reader books, It includes a send home family letter for children to practice at home too.
The integration of ASL (American Sign Language) and Finger Spelling enhances vocabulary development by engaging children in hands on interaction with building and highlighting words. These books offer learning opportunities to differentiate instruction.
In this package you will have 5 book choices. We created the template. Please feel free to make as many book page copies as you want your children to complete.
• Print and copy the book
• Cut in half and staple pages together
• Make sure you are comfortable with finger spelling sight words.
• Introduce book in whole group, small group, or use as a literacy center activity.
• Create a chart and brainstorm words to help complete the sentences.
• Demonstrate to children how they can use the word list (if included) in the back of the book.
• Encourage child to think of themselves as authors and illustrators.
• Remember to have fun and adapt the book to meet your individual needs.