ASL Calendar Time
Also included in
- ASL Calendar Time Bundle contains multiple activities to help your deaf and hard of hearing students master the vocabulary and concepts associated with using a calendar daily. Calendar Time can be challenging with students who are deaf and hard of hearing and have experienced language deprivation.Price $8.00Original Price $12.00Save $4.00
Calendar time is a daily practice in nearly every primary classroom. In most classrooms this is a time to work on a variety of skills. It is often a quick activity where we discuss the date and any current events that are happening, today, tomorrow or next week.
However, calendar concepts are not "easy" for all students. For deaf and hard of hearing students, there is a lot of vocabulary to learn. Some of my students needed extra remediation to understand how the calendar works.
Who is this product for?
This product was created for the students that need to be actively involved in Calendar Time every day. This calendar book allows each student to follow along in their own book each day and actively participate in locating and recording the day, month, date and year.
Learn more about teaching calendar skills with Deaf and Hard of Hearing students in this BLOG POST.
What's Included in this resource?
- Cover Pages (choice of 12 different pages)
- Calendar Words Anchor Chart (included English and ASL for each word/number
- Blank monthly calendars (students can write in the numbers or cut and paste numbers provided)
- Daily "What's the Date Today?" pages (one copy for each month is provided) You can choose to print enough for each day of the school week or laminate and create a reusable page)
- pages are currently provided for 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025
How will my students use this resource?
During calendar time each day, students will participate my finding and marking the day, month, date, and year.
This is a must have for students who need extra intervention to learn calendar vocabulary and are beginning to understand how to use a calendar.
Need an ASL Classroom Calendar to display in your classroom?
This resource does not include a physical bulletin board calendar but no worries, I've got you covered! Check out these themed calendar resources.
Connect with Mrs. Burgen
Copyright © Heather Burgen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted