Want to get your students signing with each other fluently? It takes regular practice with scaffolds. Incorporate this conversation practice into your weekly routine to build vocabulary and fluency. With regular practice your students will feel more confident in engaging in ASL conversations.
ASL 2 Volume 1 covers the following topics (aligned with Signing Naturally Unit 7, but works well with any curriculum):
- Identifying a Person
- Describing Clothing
- Describing Personal Items
Each worksheet has 4 parts:
- Vocabulary Review: Students take time with a partner to review the key vocabulary.
- Timed Continuous Practice: Set the timer and watch your students practice the vocabulary in a signed conversation. Start with 2 minutes and build up to 5 minutes. The challenge is to sign with each other without stopping. Sentence frames are provided as a scaffold for students who need help.
- Create a dialogue: Students work together to create a dialogue using key vocabulary.
- Perform: Students perform the dialogues for the class or in small groups.