Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.42 MB | 20 pages
Introduction to American Sign Language [ASL] is a 10 lesson course designed especially for elementary school students.
* 10 student worksheets with ASL illustrations;
* An eight page Teacher Guide for lesson plan routines, including direct instruction guidelines and classroom games;
* A letter to send parents at the end of the program that summarizes what their child learned; and
* A certificate of completion for your students.
These files are in one compressed ZIP file. If you have any trouble downloading or opening the file, I am happy to send you the non-compressed PDFs instead.
Students learn to use ASL for the alphabet, vocabulary words, and sentences and phrases.
* Lesson 1 ABCs
* Lesson 2 Family
* Lesson 3 Drinks
* Lesson 4 Food
* Lesson 5 Emotions
* Lesson 6 Activities
* Lesson 7 Colors
* Lesson 8 Animals
* Lesson 9 Numbers 1-10, Clothing
* Lesson 10 Places
Introduction to ASL can used as a stand-alone supplemental program or as part of your regular English Language Arts activities, especially spelling. Combining movement with language acquisition is also very helpful for students learning new English vocabulary (ELL).
Kids love ASL because it lets them use their bodies as a tool for learning. Great for those kinesthetic learners!
If you are interested in custom ASL lesson plans and worksheets on a specific topic or set of vocabulary words, please contact me for a quote!
(aka Monday Yummy: Learning is delicious!)