This is a really fun unit that is focused very heavily on the Winter Olympics. However, there are a few activities for Summer Olympics and sports and activities. Students love when they can use vocabulary in real-world situations and learn about things that are really happening in their world. Bring some fun into your classroom by using this unit to enhance your curriculum. The unit includes 6 lessons, 2 additional activities, and an IPA exam.
- 2 videos with Winter Olympic sports and the history of the Winter Olympics.
- DCLs to create and describe Olympic objects and sports
- Mini-lesson on DCLs with visual
- 4 printable worksheets
- Literature story options
- 2 rubric examples you can use
- Interpretive task worksheet (video)
- Country, Years, and flag activity (can be found on its own here Olympic Games Years and Country
- Vocabulary parameters puzzle activity