The LEVELS OF UNDERSTANDING display can be placed in a classroom or other learning space, to help prompt thinking or to be used for reflections.
This is a tried and tested resource with high quality, imaginative visual prompts that are respectful of difference in ability, age, gender and culture.
Included in the resource are some ideas about how to turn display style resources into inquiry teaching tools. These displays can also be used to support portfolio and student conference evidence and presentations.
The LEVELS OF UNDERSTANDING display has been carefully illustrated to help you and your students collaboratively develop a shared language of learning.
The LEVELS OF UNDERSTANDING display includes images connected to the following levels of understanding
• HEARD – Novice “I have heard about this and I am curious”
• PRACTICED – Amateur “ I am starting out, can you help me?”
• LEARNED – Apprentice “I feel confident in known situations”
• MASTERED – Experienced “ I can do this myself. I use mistakes for new learning.
• REAL WORLD – Technician “ I am confident using my ideas in different situations”
• TEACH –Mentor “I understand this and can help someone else explore it”