This informational about astronomers traces the change of theories about our galaxy from geocentric to heliocentric. Students learn some brief information about Ptolemy, Copernicus and Galileo, and read how the Roman Catholic Church was a stumbling block for scientists studying our universe.
This product includes:
- Two board pages with suggestions for introducing the topic to students.
- A three page Informational Reading that includes brief biographical information and scientific backgrounds for these three astronomers.
- A Self-Quiz for students to answer True or False about statements regarding the Informational Reading.
- A summation page, using a graphic organizer.
- An answer page for the Self-Quiz, with a small word search.
- Answer key for the Self-Quiz and suggested answers for the Summation Graphic Organizer.
CCSS ELA, Reading for Information: RI 2, 3, 5