This all-inclusive unit is used to start a U.S. History Course and is aligned to the Michigan High School Content Expectations for Social Studies. Check out this video preview: http://goo.gl/qjW9oE
In this unit, students review major topics from Native America to Reconstruction. Content is presented to students using the TLC3 for E philosophy. Over 20 years of teaching students from all walks of life has led me to a unique philosophy called TLC3 for E. My philosophy leverages Technology, Literacy, Content, Curriculum, and Creativity for Educators seeking to give all students every opportunity to be successful. It blends a standards-based approach with authentic learning experiences to engage students and encourage lifelong learning. To learn more, follow this link: http://goo.gl/sRR5FT.
The Review & Orientation template consists of one .pdf document that links out to over 20 resources and activities including:
1. 10 engaging activities that emphasize historic content, literacy, technology, and creativity
2. All material and directions are ready to go to copy machine
3. Most activities come with video tutorial support
4. Flipped content to watch and read, outside of the traditional classroom setting (a sample survey is also included to show you how I monitor and assess progress)
5. An audio book project based upon a young man growing up in the early 1900s
6. A sequencing activity that introduces students to creating infographics
7. A hands-on geography game to reinforce the location of 50 states
8. A mechanism that allows students to track their progress and self-assess their efforts
9. A Project Proposal Form that will allow you to differentiate your instruction as needed
10. A syllabus
11. Extra credit opportunities
12. Suggestions to communicate with your students and parents
13. Quizlet study resource
14. Pacing guide
16. Common Core Ready
17. Aligned to ISTE Standards
This is a combination of my life’s work and passion. I feel strongly that I have created a product that engages all students while giving them every opportunity to be successful in the 21st century. It can help you, help your students too! I want to share my approach and experience with you, so you can share A Template 4 Success with your students.
Enjoy this unit for free, it is on me! Please check out other Templates 4 Success. Also note, if you purchase other activities, I can also send you an editable link so you can edit and revise any activity to meet your specific needs or add a personalized logo. You can also contact me for support or collaboration. I have lesson plans and assessments available for each unit if you are interested. Any template in the Template 4 Success series can also be ordered for Honors U.S. History & Geography. It is more challenging and requires students to build websites to document their learning.
Check out some of the creative endeavors coming out of my classroom on Twitter @tlc34e or on my website: www.tlc34e.webs.com.
Give it a try! Let me earn your business. Tell a friend or colleague. Tweet me! Put my TpT link on your Facebook!