Model, introduce, or review Common Core Standard RL.6.1 (Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text) with this fun and colorful sorting game!
This download includes:
* Explicit and Implied definition posters
* Inference stems poster
* Instructional use teaching ideas for whole group, small group, or individual practice
* Instructions card for use in creating a quick and easy center/station
* An original literature/fiction tale with color-coded sentences for cited evidence
* 20 Reader Sorting Cards (10 Explicit examples, 10 Implied examples), color-coded to corresponding textual evidence
* Attractive colors, images, and fonts to enhance student engagement
Content could be repurposed for alternate grade levels or abilities. Aligns to Common Core Standards (ELA 2)!
View my corresponding "Prove It" for this standard here: (Prove it!)
Thanks so much,
Jenna (Shorty Says)
Common Core Standards, Comprehension, Vocabulary, ELA, English Language Arts, Literature, Literacy Center, Literacy Station
The Common Core Standards were developed and written by the NGA.
© Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved.
For some great free fonts, check out: KevinandAmanda.com
Clip Art, Backgrounds, and More at: Mycutegraphics.com