'Australian Democracy' (Grades 3-12) is curriculum-aligned song that helps students to understand the meaning of democracy and to develop an appreciation for those who fought for rights and freedoms we enjoy today.
FYI: 'Australian Democracy' also available as:
- Curriculum Karaoke™ video (MP4 read, sing & learn along video for your classroom whiteboard and other technological devices)
- Lyric sheet only PDF
This song-based package contains materials that integrate learning across key areas of school curriculum.
• Mp3 Vocal Track
• PDF Lyrics
• PDF Suggested Literacy Activities
(Song audio sample in Preview at the top of this page)
Everyone enjoys the freedom we have living in our land,
And we’re grateful to all those who had to fight;
Making sure our lives were better than they were in times gone by,
For they won for us our democratic rights!
Democracy is the government
Of the people, by the people, for the people.
Use your voice, use your voice, use your voice.
©Lyrics: Nuala O'Hanlon, B.Ed; Cert Teaching
©Music: Kathryn Radloff, B.A. (Hons) Psych.
Our songs target learning sequences of curriculum documents and support and integrate classroom learning across key subject areas. They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick-starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Assembly & performance pieces...
- 'There couldn't be a more perfect resource for introducing a discussion or lesson about Democracy, or for helping students to remember its definition - well DONE!' ~ Teacher, TPT (5/5 Star Rating)
- 'Used this for my class assembly. Great!!!' ~ Teacher, Sunflower Creative Teaching Resources, TPT (5/5 Star Rating)
- 'Great Australian HASS content' ~ Cindy S., TPT (5/5 Star Rating)
*COPYRIGHT: ©LYRICS: Nuala O’Hanlon / MUSIC: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'®