Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
One-page, high-interest reading selections designed to give students practice with consumer reading. Selections include
advertisement, menus, recipes, projects, informational selections and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT. ALL 8 SETS ARE DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A FULL YEAR OF READING PRACTICE.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as the set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Aladdin and the Magic Lamp, Advertisement
2. Circus of Clowns, Advertisement
3. Wild Safari Punch, Recipe
4. Bailey's Bakery, Advertisement
5. Birthday, Invitation
6. Make Your Own Bubble Mix, Project
7. Franklin's Seafood House, Advertisement
8. Fox's Skateboard Park, Advertisement
9. Atkins' Animal Hospital, Advertisement
10. Try This Choco-Nana Peanut Smoothie, Recipe
11. Dippity Do Doughnuts, Advertisements
12. Try This Tasty Vegetable Dip, Recipe
13. Have Fun with Drippy Art, Project
14. Ocean World, Advertisement
15. Are YOU a Terrific Kid? Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.