Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF READING ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Fins and Feathers Pet Shop, Advertisement
2. Grow a GIANT Flower, Project/Informational
3. Show Your Good Sportsmanship, Informational
4. The Pumpkin Patch, Advertisement
5. Make Your Own Face Paint, Project
6. Fun-to-Make Dino Dessert, Recipe
7. The Sound Hounds, Advertisement
8. San Pueblo Zoo, Advertisement
9. Chinese Restaurant, Menu
10. Dave's Diner, Advertisement
11. Golden Honey Snack Mix, Recipe
12. Easy Mini Pizzas, Recipe
13. Checklist for Giving Your Dog a Bath, Informational
14. Barbecue Restaurant, Menu
15. Avoid Colds and Flu This Winter, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.