Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
IN THIS SET:
1. Conner Veterinary Clinic, Advertisement
2. Aunt Jane's Confectionary Shop, Advertisement
3. Nikko Japanese Restaurant, Advertisement
4. Have Fun With Bubble Art, Project
5. How to Take Good Photos, Informational
6. Try This Tasty Flavored Popcorn, Recipes
7. Cedrick's Art Supplies, Advertisement
8. Warm Up With This Winter Beverage, Recipe
9. Apples and Caramel Sauce, Recipe
10. Make This Tasty Club Sandwich, Recipe
11. Chocolate-Coconut Bars, Recipe
12. Try This Tasty Potato Soup, Recipe
13. Make Some Peanut Butterflies, Project
14. Starlight Skating Rink, Advertisement
15. How to Care for Your Pet Bird, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.