Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as the set numbers increase. Also, some of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Softball Tournament, Advertisement
2. Pete's Dog Grooming, Advertisement
3. Make Your Own "Gooey-Goop," Project
4. Nelson's Skateboard Park, Advertisement
5. The Adventures of Super Guy, Advertisement
6. Plant an Incredible Edible Garden, Project/Informational
7. Stay Safe Around Electricity, Informational
8. Strawberries 'N' Cream, Recipe
9. How to Care for Your Teeth, Informational
10. Help Earth with Recycling, Informational/ Project
11. Homemade Lemonade, Recipe
12. How to Avoid a Dog Bite, Informational
13. Chocolate Chip Pie, Recipe
14. Stay Safe in Thunderstorms, Informational
15. Enjoy Beautiful Fireflies, Project/Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.