Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, fun-to-do activities that provide practice in consumer reading with follow-up standards-based test format questions.
Answer keys included along with a FREE reproducible reading
bookmark that contains literary components for students' reference.
Set contains 15 activities including menus, advertisements, projects,
recipes, informational selections, and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
SET 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Reading activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
In This Set:
1. Tasty Melon Salad, Recipe
2. How to Care for Your Cat, Informational
3. Make This Butter Lettuce Salad, Recipe
4. Rocky Road Brownies, Recipe
5. A Fish with a "Shocking" Personality, Informational
6. Pine Mountain Summer Camp, Advertisement
7. Cool Off with a Fruit Slushie, Recipe
8. Stay Cool in Summer Heat, Informational
9. Follow Safety Guidelines When Snorkeling, Informational
10. Make Ice Cream in a Can, Project
11. Stay Safe in the Sun, Informational
12. Yummy Fudge Pops, Recipe
13. Building a Great Sandcastle, Project/Informational
14. Try This Fun Seashell Craft Project
15. Give Dogs Extra Care During Summer, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.