Consumer Reading, Math, and preparation for Standards-Based, End-Of-Grade Tests is the focus of ReadingWorks materials.
High-interest, one-page, fun-to-do activities for practice in consumer reading. Reading selections include menus, recipes,
advertisements, TV Guides, projects, invitations, informational
selections and more.
Great for whole-class and small-group instruction as well as individual reading for morning work or homework.
Each set includes answer keys as well as a reproducible FREE READING BOOKMARK which contains literary components for
SETS 1 THROUGH 8 ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON TPT.
All 8 sets are designed to provide meaningful reading practice throughout a school year. Activities become increasingly more challenging as set numbers increase. Also, many of the activities are somewhat seasonal in content.
3 WEEKS OF ACTIVITIES
1. Taylor's Trophy Shop, Advertisement
2. Pat's Pet Shop, Advertisement
3. Australia Animal Park, Advertisement
4. Atlantic Aquarium, Advertisement
5. How to Make Soft Play Clay, Project
6. Birthday Invitation
7. Have Fun With Drip Art, Project
8. Grow a Nibble Garden for Your Cat, Project
9. The Singing Meatball, Advertisement
10. Rob's Reptile Farm, Advertisement
11. Make This Golden Honey Snack Mix, Recipe
12. Using the Internet Safely, Informational
13. Choosing the Right Level of Book, Informational
14. Make These Treats for Your Dog, Recipe
15. How to Take Great Photographs, Informational
CRITICAL THINKING is a major focus of ReadingWorks' materials.